Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MEDIAAA

Well what scares me about working with the media? Honestly, a few things. They can ruin your career, or they can sky rocket it. It all depends on THEM. I have always wanted to work with the media though, so I'm totally up for the challenge. I believe you have to be very intelligent and aware of what's going on around you. Building relationships with the media is a key component of working with them. If you develop relationships, you will be confident and things will work in your favor. As I'm still learning about working with the media in my classes, it's definitely intimidating. I think as I keep learning and getting more experience, I will become more comfortable with it. Hopefully I will learn all the skills that makes me completely confident with working with the media. It is scary to think you could make one mistake and they can totally ruin your image. Although I am a bit nervous, I'm also curious and excited to start my career with the media.

1 comment:

  1. I too am slightly nervous about a slip up in this field. One thing can completely turn your career around- for better or for worse. That is for sure a scary thought.
    I believe though in anything worth having, risk is involved.
    "The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward."

    ReplyDelete